About The Hotel
The hotel is housed in a Cape Dutch style, 100 year old heritage building. An extensive renovation has transformed the original structure into a very modern, trendy place with a distinct international flair. Our guest will immediately recognize the spot as a trendsetter, definitely on par with other leading small design hotels sprinkled around the larger cities of Europe or the States.
The rooms are compact but they are complete. The latest on offer in hotel technology has been incorporated in the design and furnishings. Large walk-in rain showers with thermostatic taps and heated towel rails. State of the art 40″ LED TV screens make for ideal in-room entertainment.
Video-on-demand, international plugs, telephone, electronic safe, a good functioning climate control system and WiFi are hotel standards to be expected. In addition, every room at Cascades on the Promenade has it’s own Apple Mac computer with free internet access, a Bose i-pod docking station, CD player, mini bar and a Nespresso Coffee machine. All Deluxe rooms have an outside balcony with seating arrangement. The Standard rooms have glass doors to the outside but no outside seating arrangement. Nighttime security is provided directly to the guest through automated roller shutters in the rooms and in general through a 24-hour attendance at reception and closed circuit cameras in the public area’s.
- Off-street parking is available and car guard is on duty for curbside parking.
- 24-hour attendance at reception.
- Shuttle service (airport and other) available in Hotel Minivan (Mercedes Vito).
- Sea view from Bistro terrace.
- Room service and same-day laundry service are available.
- Arranging for an in-room massage, child minding or an expert shopping assistant are part of our service.
- 4-star HOTEL rating from the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA).
- We can communicate with our guests in English, German, Dutch, Afrikaans, French, Russian and Portuguese.
- Nearest public beach: 100 meter.
- Nearest restaurant beside the Hotel Bistro: 20 meter.
- Nearest shopping mall: 200 meter.
- Churches, Synagogues and Mosques within easy walking distance.
The hotel is fully compliant with the required minimum safety protocols and provisions for public liability insurance purposes and is also compliant with the fire department regulations and provisions in place for licensed hotel operators.
The hotel bar is licensed to serve alcoholic beverages.